Casa Rondeña Winery
Casa Rondeña Winery was lovingly established in late 1995 as a family undertaking, with the first plantings in 1990 at the hands of vintner John Calvin and his two young sons, Ross and Clayton.
The Tasting Room opened in August 1997 and a winery building, with a commemorative Tricentennial bell tower (picture right), was completed in the autumn of 2004. In 2008, a new barrel aging and storage facility, including the Founder's Rotunda, was built in order to expand production capability of the winery and hold special events for winery members and special guests.
In 2010, Mr. & Mrs. Calvin moved out of the home they built on the property and turned it into the 1629 Club. This is a new level of membership to the winery which includes access to the private club among many other benefits.